Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Red Jello Happens..

So have you ever just had one of those days? One where you were extremely busy...extremely stressed, don't have enough time, have places to go and people to see and projects to finish and food to cook and a lesson to plan and a parade to watch and a picnic to go to, and family to hang out with, and fireworks to watch, and on and on...well that was my day. I was making the famous knox blox jello flags. I usually make blue and red, but only had red and orange jello. So I go to put the flimsy jello molds in my fridge which is already really full. I set the orange one in the fridge and then try to attempt to put the red criss cross on top of the orange one. Well it didn't want to sit there and it was rocking and rolling because the molds are very flimsy and it just wouldn't stay. I didn't know where else to put it, so I finally got it balanced on top of the orange one and began to shut the door. When I heard a terrible sound... Yes, you guessed it, it sounded like something spilling. I opened the fridge and felt like something had been murdered in my fridge. There was runny red jello all over my fridge! I was too tired, busy, and horrified to do much but go out and yell at my husband to come and look. By then I was able to kind of smile and joke about it. He offered to clean it up, but I knew he was busy and I was busy...so we left the murder scene in our fridge for I hate to say two more days...I didn't feel like doing it on Sunday but I did it on Monday. I wasn't too worried because my fridge needed a good cleaning anyway, but every time we opened the fridge door, it looked like someone had been murdered.
Let's just say that in life sh$%$#$ happens....but from now on I will say, "RED JELLO" happens! And if you can laugh about it, it will help. I won't tell you it took about three hours to clean my fridge and that red jello was in every crack and crevice, drawer and shelf...but my fridge now looks like new!

4 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

holy red jell-o! what a mess! i am glad you thought to take a photo, what a fun memory.

Nancy Niederer said...

oh, and your on for the racquetball game!

Lataun said...

ugh...I hate cleaning the frig. I'm sorry. I know that feeling, you want everything to be "just right" and then "red jello" happens..I'm going to start using that one.

Breezie said...

AH....This made me laugh so hard! If I had a nickel for every-time something similar happened to me....i'd be RICH!