Thursday, July 9, 2009

Don't Look Under There....You Dirty Rat!!!!

So the other day my husband and I were trying to hurry and get all of our flowers planted because we were leaving for four days and they also really needed to be planted...anyway, we were doing some stuff on our deck and he had this bench that I built a couple of years ago at a super Saturday that totally fell apart. It had been bugging me and I wanted to throw it away, but we had been doing some planting on it and keeping some of our plants there...well Andy walked over to it and saw a bunch of animal poop....and he just kind of passed it off as a ground squirrel or something. I was very disturbed that something was pooping there and so I determined I was going to get rid of the darn bench and clean it up. So I go over and pick up the bench and low and behold something comes running at me. Now I'm not the type to be a hysterical female and I've always tried to be tough with mice, small rodents, etc...because I always thought girls who were afraid of them were stupid, but this just plumb creeped me out. I dropped that bench like it was on fire, I ran off our porch and screamed like a little girl. Well I told me husband after I calmed down a bit to go and get the darn thing. He got a shovel and even though he seemed a little scared of it himself, went up and proceeded to smash it on the head with a shovel. He definitely squished/smashed/killed the thing. It still gives the creeps when I think about that little thing charging me...My dad informed us that is was a pack rat. We think it was stirred up because they are knocking down and cleaning up some junk across the way from us. They think that stirred them up. They are also out in my dad's barn. It really creeped me out to know that thing was there while we were outside. I don't know how long it was there, but it just gave me the willies. Be careful the next time you decide to look under something for it just might be a dirty rat!

(Scroll down a nice surprise!)








































4 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

if thats a pack rat, i think it looks kinda cute, but i suppose, cute or not, no one wants a rodent pooping on their porch. i was imagining one of those nasty white things with a thick pink tail and red eyes...eww. oh, and I hope you don't have any pictures of me feelin' your dad's butt for your blog...i am still having nightmares.

Holly said...

Haha, Come on Nance, the pictures I have of you feeling up my dad's butt are looks of pure enjoyment! Hehehe!
Yeah, it grosses me out even now! I am so glad Andy was nice and didn't chase me with it!

Maegan said...

Holy! I am one of those girls who scream at mice. They TOTALLY creep me out! Glad Andy was brave and got it for ya! What did Peyton think of all of this, and where are you going for four days?!

Edie and Luke said...

I am freaking out just reading your post! Oh man- I would've screamed and ran too! All rodents should die! :)