Sunday, October 18, 2009

We (or rather they) are the Champions...

Just can't do it like Queen can...huh! Well yesterday we had the chance to go and watch Austin play for the 8th grade grid kid championship. They played against Sandcreek and it was a very good and close game. Austin had some great tackles and also some great punts...This is our cheering crew right here. Let's just say that some of the crowd gets crazy for grid kid!
Austin's team ending up winning a very close game. I believe the score was 12-13. I was actually pretty impressed. They had some great plays and their little quarterback was pretty good. Sandcreek had one kid that did pretty much everything, but once they shut him down they did great! We enjoyed watching it. As you can see it was a beautiful day. Probably one of the best we have seen in a long time. It was even hot. We went from freak snowstorm to really hot. We loved it. It did mess up some of my pictures though! There is a little bit of a glare!



I didn't do a very good job of going down on the sidelines and taking pictures this year. I had to study my lesson between plays. So I don't have any good action shots. Granny wanted me to post this for everyone so I hope you enjoy!


As you can see in this shot and the next one, they are holding their hand in the form of a "C". I'm assuming that means champions. According to Angie, they haven't since sometime last season. There is another Rocky Mountain team that is also pretty good, so it should be a fun time watching them next year when they get into high school! I may actually go to a few of those games!


This last video is a reproduction of their chant they do before and after the game! It must imitidate the others because they really do get into it. You can see that Austin doesn't have much rhythm...you'll have to work on that Aus! Great job!

2 comments:

Holly said...

That is so cool! I am going to have to have my friends translate what they just said!

Nancy Niederer said...

Go big green!