Wednesday, August 11, 2010

School Shopping and Aquarium-Take 2...where did my post go?

I already did this post once...I'm not sure where it disappeared to? But we just recently went school shopping in Utah...Yes that means that summer is over, but we are ready physically for school to start! We did some great shopping and for the first time we went up to the Park City Outlets. I loved them and they had so many great, fun kid stores...that we pretty much found everything we needed.
Andy always likes to joke with me about outlets, because while I find good deals, I for some reason buy more thus spending what I could have saved..I've always told him I've never been a quality girl, but quantity! But I recommend the outlets..They have everything you could want!
My next favorite things we did were to go to two of our favorite restaurants that we only go to when we go to Boise or Utah...We are glad that PF Chang's and Cheesecake Factory aren't local or we would go broke...but they are worth every penny. Andy and I call it the quality scale.
Wendys=20.00$
Olive Garden=40.00$
PF Changs and Cheesecake=80.00$
See the quality of the food doubles by twenties..ha! I know that doesn't make any sense unless you have eaten at them.
We love the lettuce wraps at PF Changs. And our kids even liked the lo mein they had. At the cheesecake factory my favorite things are of course the cheesecake, but the salads are probably my most favorite...
We ordered cheesecake to go and sadly one of our pieces got left in the fridge in our hotel room. Some lucky cleaning person got a nice treat. My question is though, do you think they really ate it? Most people seem to think that they would, but I wouldn't eat it so I don't think that they did? Any thoughts? Ha!

Another one of our favorite places to go is to the Sandy Aquarium. This was our second time and Peyton just breezed through it and seemed a little bored, but Sonnet loved everything and would stand and look for a long time at all of the cool fish and exhibits. Peyton kept wondering when we could go back to the hotel and swim!
These are my cute frog wranglers!




There is another place in there where you get to pretend you are driving a boat. Peyton loves this place and of course, sister had to do it too!


This part is my favorite part of the aquarium. It is where the jellyfish are and they sit and swim around and it is dark and the light changes and they just keep floating. I love to photograph them and also to watch them! They are so cool!

Sonnet wanted to pet this big old octopus, maybe because it was behind glass, because when she had a chance to pet the sting rays...she wouldn't! I don't blame her. They are pretty slimy.

Peyton ran right to the sting rays and wanted to pet them and said he was going to pet them (he wouldn't last year!) I happened to catch the whole process on film. You can see one right by where he is standing. Then he tentatively puts one finger out to touch it, but it suddenly flaps its (wing?) and it freaks Peyton out! (third picture in this series). It was hilarious!



As you can, they are kind of creepy looking. I had no desire to put my arm in this year, but I did last year!


Andy was the only one brave enough to actually touch them this year!


You can see she doesn't want to stick her arm in that either!
The cute little explorers going on an expedition! or at least posing for a cute picture!
We had a great time school shopping and doing some fun stuff too!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Love the pictures and all the posts! Looks like you guys had a fun fun time! We are starting to read the Encyclopedia Brown Series! So maybe I should take Jayson to see the FBI now!!
So glad you guys got to eat at PF Changs for me AND ate the lettuce wraps! MMMmmm!

Lataun said...

I love the Park City Outlets. We scored there last year school shopping...and the Sandy Aquarium...how come I've never even heard of that before? How cool is that? That is going on my to-do list of fun things to-do with my kids. We are going shopping to Utah in a couple of days...down and back in one day...with 3 girls...AAHHHhhhh! Kill me now!

Nancy Niederer said...

Boy, I had some catching up to do. I had no idea there was an aquarium in Utah, looked fun. We read CHarlie and CHocolate factory this summer too! Right at the start...I ate a lot of chocolate the first few weeks of summer. You gotta read "The Twits" its hilarious. I love Roald Dahl. Anyway, i laughed at the garage sale post - I agree with every garage sale "type" you mentioned. I had a mexican woman have her 4 year old translate for her and they wanted Brock's first little four wheeler for $4! I had to tell this little girl no so many times! It broke my heart so I let it go for $7 - what a rip! I would have rather kept the dumb thing. I often wonder if the mother really didnt know english or if she knew i couldn't say no for long to her darling daughter. Anyway, the bargaining bugs me too...its like, dude, its a garage sale - its cheap already! I have recently discovered consigning. I dont have to sit out in the heat with all the cheapskates! I could have bought Pam's pants for 25 cents each, then consigned them for $5 a pair. I bet that whats the woman did.