Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...

So this summer we read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to Peyton. (I got this idea from my friend Megan S...thanks!) and we knew we were going to Utah to shop and so we decided to take a tour of the Sweet Candy Company so Peyton could see how a real candy factory works. Let's just say it was pretty cool and that he had 1000 and 1 questions. But it was all worth it. The candy shopping at the end was also fun! We had to wear these groovy hats through the whole tour. Didn't we look styling!


The tour showed us a bunch of different things and how the different types of candy was made. My personal favorite was the orange sticks because we got to see the whole process. We were showed the cool machines and how they do things and we got to try candy along the way. It is definitely cool to see American manufacturing and how they have a machine that does everything. These pictures were all taken in the candy gift shop. My personal favorite was above...the huge orange jelly beans. I didn't end up buying anything though...I was quite proud of myself. However Peyton choose buttered popcorn salt water taffy, Andy got a bag of the tropical mix because it had coconut in it and Sonnet picked out swedish fish.
My favorite comment of the day was when Peyton was telling granny and pop about the candy factory and he said they had candy clear up to the clouds. This was when they showed us their storage room and where they keep the candy. That was cute.




The famous Salt Water Taffy that you buy at Broulim's all of the time. However, not all of their flavors were out. Andy was sad because we couldn't find coconut...only in the mix!


Peyton with his purchase!



Another one of my favorites...orange slices!

These are the fun mixes that they only sell as mixes! Just so you know! :-)
We loved the candy tour but Peyton kept wondering where Willy Wonka was! ha!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Fun, Fun, Fun!!! I didn't even think of touring an actual factory. My kids had to settle for some candy and the movie.

Lataun said...

Another cool thing to put on my to-do list with my kids...I'll be calling you for the info.