Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Favorite Present...(Here you go Lataun)!

So every year, I get a lot of money to go to Barnes and Noble. I believe most people in my family think that it is an easy way out for a gift for me...however, little do they know that I love, love, love to go there and just peruse and get a stack of books. I joked with Andy that someday I may get to purchase all of the books that I have a hankering to get...however, I was really tempted when I went in there this year to get a Nook...but alas they have invented a color one which is so much cooler and so I will wait a year or two for the price to fall...any thoughts on Nooks and Kindles? I've read some disturbing things about how there is a new application for Iphones and Ipod Touch and Ipads that let you scan in the bar code of books you have and they will upload to your phone. Does that mean I could go into Barnes and Noble and do the same thing? I also read an internet article that talked about how children born in 2011 will not know what traditional newspapers, magazines, and books are...that was also a little disturbing...but I'm really seriously thinking about getting a Nook...I'm just afraid my friends (my books) might be a little mad! :-)

Here is the list for this year...There are some darker colored jackets on the books, so for anyone that is interested...here is the title list: Divine Signatures (Gerald Lund), Before Green Gables, Pathfinder, What the Dog Saw, Third World America, A Homemade Life, Bento Box in the Heartland, Committed, Freakonomics, The Pillars of Greek Wisdom, Inside of a Dog, The Cheesecake Cookbook, Fast Breads, Cake Pops, Le Cordon Bleu Dessert Techniques.

Hmmm...Kind of an interesting list...I pulled up my list from last year, so that I could compare how my interests of changed. I'm really addicted to nonfiction now and I don't read as much fiction (the only problem with that is that is takes me so much longer to read nonfiction) . I'm also so into cooking and my new love is to purchase any cool, interesting, exciting cookbook that I can find! It appears last year, I was very interested in fiction...funny how our interests change!

I still love a good fiction book but need some new ones after reading "The Hunger Games" series...anyone have any recommendations?

4 comments:

Eddins Family said...

Hey, just decided to visit your blog...cute cute pics...Sharee and Jim actually have a Nook (Sharee) & Kindle (JIm). You could ask them how they're liking them.

Lataun said...

oh I read that post twice. And how interesting your book list changed. Hmmm.... I love the pic of your stacked books. I just went to Boise and they have a used book store downtown that is to die for. I also went to Barnes and Noble while there and then used my gift card from Christmas...so all totaled I have about 10 books stacked on my night stand just waiting for me! Oh wait and my neighbor lent me about 4 books. So...I'll be thinkin' of you! Happy reading.

p.s. I've been researching the nook and kindle and the ipad for a couple of years...let me know what you find out...

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

I like how you noticed your interest has changed. I too am a nonfiction reader. A fiction book that I read and looking back did not give enough credit to was "The 13th Tale". Good just not my genre. Going to have to check out your books. Happy Reading.

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

I did not read Taun's comment before I typed mine, sorry we think a like. Cheers and Happy Reading!