Sunday, November 16, 2008

A "Super" Halloween

So I feel kind of bad because for some reason, I didn't take a lot of pictures on Halloween night. We had a great night and were really excited, but my camera was not in action. I did manage to take two pictures of our cute little Superman. It was so funny because when he got this suit, he immediately put it on and began lifting the chairs to his little table with one arm. I think he thought it made him strong and also that he could fly. Thank heavens he didn't need to test it. He just put one hand in the air and then ran like he was flying. He was very excited for Halloween. When kids started coming to the door, he opened it took the bowl and began to dump tons of candy in each pumpkin. It was pretty funny. Because Andy was going to be a little late, I decided I take him out until Andy got home and then we could switch. It was nice this year because there wasn't any silly carnival or trunk or treat and we actually had kids out trick or treating. The town was lit up. We did the route that if you done in Hamer consisted of going up Dena's road and then Andy took him down by Coralee's house and also down the road where Warren Albertson lives. Peyton was so cute this year trick or treating. He went all by himself up to each door and he did it on a run so he could get more candy. I tried to remind him to say "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you". I hope he did.

One of the things that Peyton was really excited about was spraying his hair black and he was very insistent that he have the curl that Superman has. It was a lot of fun getting him ready. His excitement was contagious.

He did get tons of loot that I did not get a picture of. I will say one thing, though, remember when we got Halloween candy we definitely didn't get full size candy bars. We got those tiny little things could be eaten in one bite. Well my little toddler got about seven different ones at different houses. People are definitely improving in what they give out. I did think how sad it was though, that most people don't make anything anymore. I know when we were little we loved going to Dorothy Down's house to get donuts and Coralee Knight made caramel popcorn balls. Levaun Mickelsen gave out that mother goose popcorn. Those were definitely the days. There just isn't time to do that homemade touch anymore. Maybe one day, I'll try to do this!

2 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

Peyton definately has the SuperMan stance down perfectly. Nice job with his hair!

Holly said...

I love this pic of Peyts. Nanc is right he does make a great Superman and I love that he can sing the soundtrack from the movie. Tell Peyts Jays is counting down to the days when he comes and he gets to play all day long with him!