Sunday, November 16, 2008

I've been tagged!

This seems a little more difficult than I originally thought when I uploaded. I think I will just stick with the seven random facts and call it good! I hope Nancy doesn't mind. I also feel bad because it has taken some time to actually get to this. I also don't know if I know enough people to tag...but we'll see if I get to it.

So seven odd facts huh!

1. I am a chain gum chewer and addicted to gum. If I don't have my gum around, I get very uptight and I start searching through bags and coat pockets to find it.
2. Even though I'm around people a lot and I teach, I actually would rather just be home and be alone by myself (with Andy and Peyts and my fam)
3. I usually have about 5-10 books that I'm reading at one time. Some I never finish
4. My husband and I do a new Christmas tree every year for Christmas. We have so far 11/12 different trees:
1. Real tree with our first decorations
2. Snowflake tree
3. Twig Tree (got destroyed and would love to remake it!)
4. Tacky Fruit tree with bubble lights -my favorite
5. Angel Tree
6. Smore's Tree
7. Peyton's tree
8. 12 Days of Christmas tree
9. Berta Hummel Tree
10. Candy Cane Tree
11. Symbol tree
12. We are getting a card tree this year!
We hope that by the time we have been married for 30+ years we can open a Christmas Tree Lane, charge entrance, and then donate it to a charity of our choice...or something like that!

5. I'm addicted to buying books and clothes and I love online shopping
6. I love to watch cooking shows and secretly think that I'm "The Next Food Network Star"
7. I have a secret ambition to write and publish books, own my own business, and learn to play the banjo.


I could go on, but we'll save it for another time!

3 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

The banjo, I didn't see that one coming. Maybe we could start a jug band! Dibs on the jug...

Holly said...

That's not fair...I wanted the jug! ; ) I knew everything but the banjo...you move away the family goes blue grass who knew?
I can totally say a here here on the addiction to books....YOU ARE MEGA addicted. If you went on the next food network I would totally vote for you too!

hmmm said...

there was a joke in the Reader's Digest a few months ago. item #6 reminded me of it. the joke went something like this:

A man finds his wife watching her favorite cooking show on tv and says to her, "Why do you watch this show--you don't even cook!" Not turning away from the televisions she replied, "Why do you watch football?"

i'm not saying this is you---i'm just saying you made me think of it and i thought i'd share. (because that's who i am.... i am a sharer. ha!)
plus i loved it and added it to my stored knowledge that is jammed into my brain so i can use it someday with some one in some shape or form when the opportunity is just right. now you can too.