Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Two Sweet Valentines...

So there are perks to living in a house full of males. I received two sweet valentines from my sweet valentines. Andy knows that unlike most women, I don't really want red roses. I love, love, love orange roses and I love when he gets them for me. This year, they were a light peach, but they were so pretty. Not to take anything away from the pretty roses, I think this was one of my favorite valentines I've received. I love his scratchy little writing that says "I love you, Mom". I think this was my first gummy lump (read Robert Fulghum). It was so cute, because Andy helped him make it, and he couldn't wait until Valentine's Day to give it to me. So I got it two days early. I now know why Moms love this stuff. It was the sweetest thing I've gotten in a long time. If you look really close, you will see a combine and on the back is a tractor with tracks. I love Valentine's Day!
My sweet husband has been writing a story every year that he adds to and I receive it on Valentine's Day. I'm amazed and thrilled with what he comes up with every year. I sure love him.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Your color of choice didn't surprise me a bit. :o)
Happy V-Day!

GummyLump.com: wooden toys, pretend play, and play food for preschool! said...

I like your blog. The name of my company came from the very story you referenced about the gummy lump. My company is www.gummylump.com. We are a toy company :) It's nice to know someone else appreciated that story as much as me.

Love your new gummy lump friend,
Linda

Holly said...

Ok, so I too am not surprised at the color of flowers either! So sweet of him though to search them out and the color is probably more than those old red ones!
I loved the card from Peyts, just watch you are going to be just like mom and save all our cards...we wake up one day and we are our parents!

Unknown said...

I may save this one, but I actually take a picture of all of them and then get rid of them...so I'm not as bad as mother with regards to storage, but...this was is too cute to not keep! :-)

Edie and Luke said...

That card is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I would keep that forever!