Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Vow a Post a Day...Summer is OVER!

As my summer is winding down, I've felt really bad to "let" my blog go. We have done so many fun things that I want to capture and remember. I think I will work my way backwards and my goal is to do a post a day. So today I start with school shopping in Utah...The pictures are mostly of the fun stuff we did, but this year we went to the Park City Outlets and let's just say that they are so cool. They have tons of places for kids clothes and I loved them!
Andy jokes about going to outlets to save money, but you end up spending just as much because you think you are getting such a good deal, so you buy a lot. Let's just say we had some major arranging to do when we got home. Sonnet is not going to school, but Andy also joked that her fall wardrobe is complete! I told him a girl has to have clothes...and yes girls are so much more complicated but more fun to shop for! I mean how many sports, cars, guitars, and camo shirts can you buy!

My other favorite part of our trip was going to Cheesecake Factory and PF Changs. These are our favorite restaurants. Andy and I joked after receiving the bill for both places that we are glad we only visit these when we travel, but they are so good! Our kids even like both places. We bought some cheesecake and took it back to the hotel after the dinner because we were stuffed. We ate it later that night after swimming....however, one unlucky piece got left in the little fridge in the hotel. Let's just say both Peyton and I begged Andy to go back to Sandy, Utah and get it, but he wouldn't because we were in Brigham City! ha! Some lucky cleaner hopefully ate it. That was a topic of conversation for us on the way...would you eat it if you were the cleaning person? You should be able to tell that it hadn't even been touched! I don't know if I could even though it was Cheesecake Factory. I hope they enjoyed it though if they did eat it!

One of our favorite things to do in Utah is go to the Sandy Aquarium. It is pretty cool and the kids really liked it. Sonnet was so interested in everything you showed her. Peyton kind of buzzed through the place and kept asking when we could go back to the hotel and swim! That is all he wanted to do!

I have cute little frog wranglers! You get to pretend you are driving a boat. Peyton loves this! And of course, Sonnet had to do it too...since brother did it! You also get to pet sting rays...with the stingers taken out of course...but it always makes me laugh to see how bad Peyton wants to do it until he gets up there. You can see above that he is attempting to touch it with one finger, but it flapped at him and my camera was in the right place at the right time...as you can see below...they are kind of creepy! Sonnet didn't care much for them either! She did however want to pet the octopus through the glass! She thought he was cool! These are my favorite. I love watching them and could watch them for hours! They are so cool!

My cute little indians posing in the canoe...But now it is time to go back and swim...

No comments: