Thursday, August 13, 2009

It Was In My Eyes!

So I thought our child was finished with the scissor excitement that he was in last year when he cut his pants, his hair, his toys...etc...I thought we had managed to avoid the drastic. But for some reason...after coming home from a cooking class Saturday, I was met at the door by my sick looking husband and my smiling little boy who looked like this! He had taken the scissors and cut his hair...that yes was a little long and that yes I had an appointment to get cut in one week ( I was holding out for school!). He said it was bugging him and that it was in his eyes. Imagine the sinking feeling seeing his hair cut up to his scalp. I can't figure out why when little kids cut their hair like this, they actually think it is okay and looks good and why they have to go clear up to the scalp right in the front where it is so noticeable! I wasn't really happy with him and I told him when I was taking a picture because I might laugh in a few years, but I was very mad at him...(okay not really...but I had to make a point! I used to do this stuff too!) So I desparatley called Raquel who switched his appointment and managed to fit him. She worked wonders, but it is still a little TOO short for me. He likes the spike and thinks he is really grown-up. I keep hoping that maybe it will grow a little bit before school. It looks like someone set a bowl on his head and cut. Someone actually thought we got his hair cut like this on purpose. We didn't. He did this and I guess next time when he tells us to cut his hair and it is bugging him. I will call immediatley! Ha!






5 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

I caught Allie the other day with scissors headed to her hair - just in time! But I think he looks cute with short hair. At least with a boy you can chop it and its not that odd. I can't imagine learning to ride without training wheels on a gravel road, glad he made it with onyl a few scrapes. I took Brock over to the school tack in the spring when he was learning- it was great because he could go and go without having to turn much or stop, so his confidence grew. That is quite the garden. I have huge watermelon plants, but no sign of a melon. Is that normal? We have such icky soil. Owell. I enjoyed the pictures!

Lataun said...

ahhhh................

at least he's a boy......

Indee cut her hair 4 times.....

I hope this is his one and only!

It looks great by the way, and you got your haircut sooner than later, look on the bright side ;0)

Holly said...

Hahahaha! It is the "mother's curse!" You are getting everything you deserve!! You cut everything in sight like ummmm lets say Grandma's chair..... your dress...your hair! Oh I bet mom and dad are eating this one up! Don't worry, I am planning a few visits to the principal's office with my boys since I did that to mom and dad!

Cassie said...

This reminded me of when Toby was little. Mom found some of his curly hair behind a chair in the living room. She asked him why he had cut his hair (she really couldn't tell because it was so curly) and his answer was..."It got hot."

Honestly, his hair doesn't look bad at all, and you wont have to pay for a cut till time for Christmas pics!

Julie Hall said...

Been there, done that! Kaleb cut his to the scalp one time, except he cut a chunk out of the middle like a reverse mohawk. We shaved his head with the shortest guard and you could still see his cut was shorter. Then Cambree cut her bangs and we made an emergency trip over to Raquel's! I guess the good thing is that it will {eventually} grow back!