Thursday, August 27, 2009

Three Steps to Heaven....mmmm!

Just in case any of you need a quick and highly fantastic pick me up for the week...may I recommend one of my foods of the gods....It is easy to prepare and very, very good! Step one: Get a bowl and fill it with raspberries (preferably fresh-picked from your own bushes...which does involve a little more work, but is very peaceful!)

Then you need to sprinkle those raspberries with "REAL SUGAR"...no fake imitations will do.

Finally you need to then pour on "CREAM"...notice I did not say milk...but cream. Yes the goey kind that sticks to the top of your mouth and coats the raspberries (and later your hips) like a fresh coat of paint!


I guess there is a fourth step and that is to eat! But that is where you will actually experience a little piece of heaven! My great-grandfather used to serve this as a treat when we would go to visit him...I still vaguely remember that. I believe maybe that is why I still like them. There is a little nostalgia involved in it. I've taught my little boy to say "These are to die for..." when he eats them...not literally of course, but figuratively speaking. Those of you who are worried about calories and fat, etc...only once a year won't hurt! I will not be revealing how many times I've participated in this sinfully, heavenly good treat!
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks delicious!

Matt and Janae said...

That is yummy! I am having my one bit of heaven...instead of raspberries though it is fresh peaches, cream and sugar. MMMM! :)

Nancy Niederer said...

you grew those berries? they look like a magazine photo! I am not sure if I am happy for you, or a bit mad at you! Kidding of course. Looks yummy!

Holly said...

Yummmm!! Why don't you send me some!? BTW, did you notice, I have posted you on the recipe blog???