Thursday, January 22, 2009

Little Horse, Little Cowboy

This is one of the reasons why I love living in Hamer. Even though I have no intention or desire of my child becoming a cowboy, while he is little there is a world of possibilities that he can explore in safety and without me worrying too much. My dad bought this little mini horse and before the nasty cold weather hit, Peyton really enjoyed feeding and walking this horse. He even got brave and lead her around. She is a little more spirited though and gave him a few nips on the back that he did not like. I was impressed at his bravery though and I hope they have some fun adventures. I think my dad bought her for all of the grandkids to enjoy and we hope that this spring and summer we can get her a little more tame for the kids.

Peyton was very brave, but got a little gunshy after she bit at him. However I know he thought he was a good cowboy while doing this. It also gave him some chores to do because we went and fed her every night for about a week. (sorry dad!)

He has been brave enough to sit on top of her, but she isn't broke yet. I had some students who actually raise them and they use them for chariot racing. You wouldn't think that these little mini ponies would do much, but they actually have a lot of power. My two students said they would work on getting her broke and more kid friendly this summer. I sure hope so, so that Peyts can grow up liking horses and making memories like I did.


These little cowboy boots were actually Jake's boots. When my mom found them, Peyton just latched onto them and has worn them down more than they already are. I had to hide them from him because nails were coming up through the bottom into the inside of the shoe. Peyton wore them all of the time and he wore them all over. I finally got mother's permission to throw them away. I took one final picture of boots that served their time well! Thanks Jake!







1 comment:

Holly said...

LOL! We have a similar pair! I have had to talk Jayson out of wearing...not to sure I want a cowboy either!
Jays loves the pics of Peyts and the pony!