Saturday, January 17, 2009

My "Super" Birthday Boy

So on January 14th, my cute little noodle had a birthday. I realized that this was his last birthday that he would actually be home for (school). He is getting so big. This birthday and also Christmas was so much fun with him. Everything was so exciting. I don't know if you remember attacking a present with such determination and speed, but everything he wanted to know what was in it and who it was from and he had to open it immediately. It was pretty cute.

Peyton received three little farm sets from Cal's...every farmer boy's favorite store. I couldn't pass them up because they were so cute.
He also got some real working clothes like Ace, Badge, and Tyrell as he says. He has the overalls, coat, real leather working gloves and boots. After he opened it all, he asked me where his hat was like Ace...so I failed in the hat. Later in the day he had to put this all on and go outside and work. He got cold in like five minutes!

So like most little boys, we have hit a super hero phase. Peyton loves costumes and loves to dress up and think that he is the person. Back at Halloween, I purchased a variety of costumes (on sale) and he now has a whole repetoire of superhero costumes. He really thinks the muscles in the stomach are his. However for a kid, he really does have some great abs on his own! He loved his Batman and Robin costume, however, I think he would have more fun his Brock and Jays were here to be superman and the other caped crusader. I told mom that Pam needs to have them dress up in these and take presents at her wedding. That would be a hoot! I haven't run the idea by Pam yet.

The accessories attached to Robin's costume he really tried to use. One is the hook that Batman throws and then pulls himself up buildings. I am worried that Peyts will actually try to do this and then break it because it is cheap plastic. But man does he think he is cool in these! This is the little farm set all out. He has been having a lot of fun. A moment of madness possessed me because the grain bins will actually open up. So I got a bag of rice for him to fill up his bins with and there is rice all over my living room. We tried to think of something that would be easier to pick up, so we got out beans. Now I have rice and beans all over in my carpet, but he has loved playing with that so much. I don't think I've seen him play for over an hour with anything. He was really being a farmer. This set has a grain truck, graneries, milk truck, barn, windmills, tractors, pickup, all kinds of things to pull.
In this picture you can see the rice mess we have going on here. But he just loved it, so I guess it is worth the mess. But trying to get him to pick it up is another story. The last couple of years, I've purchased a cake pan for Peyton's birthday and we had a big party with the family. This year, we actually met at Angie's house and had a bigger family dinner for Kaysha and Peyton. It was fun. That left us kind of by ourselves at our house. It was fun, but I think Peyton missed having a house full of people. I wasn't really sure what to do for his cake. He kept changing and he wanted me to do the Tigger cake I did when he was a baby...but we were kind of having a super hero party and he has been into Star Wars, so I free-handed a Darth Vader cake. You can tell I'm definitely not professional, however I am fairly impressed with how the Darth Vader cake turned out. Peyton had to help me, so the orange blob at the top is a spaceship that he did. The only problem with this cake is that it turns your teeth, mouth, and lips black and blue. We had some funny laughs about everyone's teeth. Peyton and I got into a fight with whatever you call these silly blower things. Andy was trying to get a picture of both of us with them out, but he couldn't.


Granny and Pop ended the night by bringing over their presents. Peyton was just ecstatic to see that they had gotten him a ride on four wheeler. I don't have him on it because that night Andy had to put it all together. It is pretty cute and he loved it. He had such a fun and nice day.


He blew out his candles and went to bed very happy and tired to be five. The next day we had his yearly check-up and had some exciting news. He has reached another milestone...we finally hit into the 25th percentile of weight. Since he has been a baby we have always hit the 5-10th percentile of weight. Andy and I were excited. He was 44 inches tall and weighed 37.8 pounds. He then received another present that we had been talking about...his school immunizations. He had actually found a little place to hide in the office and it brought back memories of Dr. Peterson's office and those doors you could lock yourself into (Holly!). The doctor kept teasing him about getting 50 shots. Peyton wasn't sure whether to believe him or not. Pop kept telling Peyton he only had to get one. I didn't know how many he had to get, but it ended up being four shots. The nurse at this doctor's office is amazingly fast. She had me hold his hands down and he wasn't quite sure what was happening, but he ended up getting pretty scared and insulted after the first poke. Then when she continued, I had a crying little guy. However, he settled down pretty quickly and we were able to get him laughing again. I think it kind of hurt his legs for a few days, but he is back to normal and ready to go to school. When I told him he could now go to school at the Doctor's office after his shots...he replied, "I don't want to school. I want to go home and make pie!" Not sure where they came from or what he was thinking about, but he was not thinking school was worth those shots at that moment. I'm glad all that is over.
As I think about this birthday, I was glad I took the day off and spent with him, because he is now entering the world. This is his last little birthday of childhood before school starts to corrupt and change kids! (yes I believe that!)I was kind of sad throughout the day, but we had a great birthday!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday!!! We miss you guys! I am so glad you posted his birthday pictures...Jays is going to be so jealous of the star wars cake! When he wakes up from his nap I will have to show him.
Looks like a lot of fun!

jakeniederer said...

I'm a freeking loser I didn't even know it was Peyton's or Kesha's Birthday. Tell him I am sorry and I will send him a super hero prize from Brock.

Miss you all!